Continuing our 10 year anniversary celebrations, I had a dig around in the archives to bring you 4 favourite and notable posts from each of our first ten years. There’s over 2,500 posts to choose from!
- Our very first post – with the happy carrot wrist rest I bought in Thailand.
- Want List – I will regret not buying this toast plush for all my days.
- Kawaii Bunny – my first post of bunny picks, always my favourite cute animal.
- Happy Halloween! – this Rilakkuma wreath is incredible – please bring it back now it’s much easier to buy things from Japan!
- Guest Picks: jiji~punch – the first in a series of posts by creative friends and I roped in my sister Nicolette, who still covers events for us. Who remembers the Parasite Pals?
- Future Kawaii #2 – I somehow ended up on a mailing list that sent out next season’s kawaii product catalogues and used to share the best finds. These axolotls are still adorable.
- Hello Kitty Three Apples – a US exhibition of Hello Kitty-themed art that included future collaborators like Tado and 64 Colors. You can still view all the artwork online.
- Noodoll – look how far one of our favourite plush makers has come from their early days with patterned accessories.
- Everyday Cute – it’s the first appearance of Pusheen in a hilarious dress-up game, years before her mega-stardom. I wish the link still worked – it was a lot of fun to play with.
- Tasty Peach Studios – who would have guessed that TPS would go from an Etsy shop of handmade charms to one of the biggest independent kawaii plush designers?
- More Hello Kitty Madness! – there are a lot of weird Hello Kitty posts in 2010 but kawaii engine oil is still one of the most baffling products to have existed.
- Festive Friends at Paperchase – this is still one my favourite product ranges. I own the nesting dolls and snowman solitaire which I love to display every Christmas.
- Popin’ Cookin’ – I wonder if these weird DIY candy kits will catch on?
- Suami – the tiniest crochet creations I have ever seen.
- Graphic Spaces – why do I not yet have a kawaii tree shelf in my home?
- Maqaroon – that time Joanna Zhou drew us in our Bunny & Panda forms.
- Year of the Dragon – One of the cutest new year plush ever.
- Hello Kitty x Kiss – could this collaboration between Sanrio and rock band Kiss have been the first inspiration for Aggretsuko?
- Molang the Fat Rabbit – I remember scouring random Korean websites trying to find out more about this cute chubby bunny. Glad he’s easier to find now.
- Sanrio Christmas Village – the photos from this Hong Kong shopping mall display are still adorable.
- Kawaii Field Trip: Paperchase – that happy happy day when we finally got a new Paperchase store after being deprived of kawaii stationery for years.
- Easter Bunny Monday – the first of these bunny-themed posts that would become an annual tradition.
- iDomo-kun Smart Stuffed Toy – put your phone inside this Domo plush and it tells the time, news and more.
- Hip Hop Candy Halloween – I miss Hip Hop Candy a lot. Their Halloween designs were always so cute.
- Farewell, Friends! – Co-founder Claire takes her leave with some happy memories and floats off to new things.
- Hyper Japan Christmas Market 2014 – our first recap of the UK’s most kawaii event with Nicolette finding all the usual kawaii stalls and treats.
- Free Christmas Amigurumi Patterns by Dendennis – one of Natasja’s first posts that still brings in lots of traffic every autumn.
- Sumikko Gurashi – the day I fell in love with San-X’s new characters that would be my favourites to this day.
- Hello Kitty’s Supercute Friendship Festival – MissMuffcake visited this kawaii celebration of Hello Kitty.
- Teddy Bear Sewing Kit Review – my first try at making a plush toy and it turned out surprisingly well.
- What You Sow Review – I will never stop being mad that I put these adorable self-watering planters “somewhere safe” until the spring and have never been able to find them, despite searching my entire flat. What did I do with them?!?
- Enamel Pin Picks – the beginning of the enamel pin craze. I could write a post about enamel pins every day now and not run out of cute ones to share.
- Super Cute Creators Interview: Kaila of Rainbowholic – inspiring interview with the runner up of Most Kawaii Person of the Year in the SCK Awards.
- TOMpacasso Alpacasso Plush Review – yes, I would like to review a giant rainbow alpaca plush! The best thing I’ve ever been sent at SCK.
- Pom Pom Purin Cafe – Eating at this character cafe was a major highlight of my last trip to Japan.
- Samezu Kawaii Sharks – one of our favourite discoveries: kawaii sharks that are always trying to eat a happy seal.
- Pusheen Box Review – this worked out so expensive after shipping and customs fees but worth it for all the Pusheen cuteness.
- Hyper Japan Summer 2017 Highlights – my first visit to our favourite event and it was so nice to meet kawaii friends and DJ DOMO.
- Visiting the Hello Kitty Cafe at Tombo London – Nic had a super cute time at this pop-up cafe in London.
- Gudetama in a Halloween Pumpkin DIY Tutorial – Andi’s cutest original DIY made from a cheap foam pumpkin and some clay.
I hope you enjoyed having a look back at these posts. What have been your favourites?
Marceline is the co-founder and editor of Super Cute Kawaii and the author of The Super Cute Book of Kawaii. She lives by the seaside in Scotland in a flat full of kawaii, creating cute character goods as Asking For Trouble, working on endless craft projects and playing Nintendo.