Continuing our 10 year anniversary celebrations, I had a dig around in the archives to bring you 4 favourite and notable posts from each of our first ten years. There’s over 2,500 posts to choose from!
- Our very first post – with the happy carrot wrist rest I bought in Thailand.
- Want List – I will regret not buying this toast plush for all my days.
- Kawaii Bunny – my first post of bunny picks, always my favourite cute animal.
- Happy Halloween! – this Rilakkuma wreath is incredible – please bring it back now it’s much easier to buy things from Japan!
- Guest Picks: jiji~punch – the first in a series of posts by creative friends and I roped in my sister Nicolette, who still covers events for us. Who remembers the Parasite Pals?
- Future Kawaii #2 – I somehow ended up on a mailing list that sent out next season’s kawaii product catalogues and used to share the best finds. These axolotls are still adorable.
- Hello Kitty Three Apples – a US exhibition of Hello Kitty-themed art that included future collaborators like Tado and 64 Colors. You can still view all the artwork online.
- Noodoll – look how far one of our favourite plush makers has come from their early days with patterned accessories.
- Everyday Cute – it’s the first appearance of Pusheen in a hilarious dress-up game, years before her mega-stardom. I wish the link still worked – it was a lot of fun to play with.
- Tasty Peach Studios – who would have guessed that TPS would go from an Etsy shop of handmade charms to one of the biggest independent kawaii plush designers?
- More Hello Kitty Madness! – there are a lot of weird Hello Kitty posts in 2010 but kawaii engine oil is still one of the most baffling products to have existed.
- Festive Friends at Paperchase – this is still one my favourite product ranges. I own the nesting dolls and snowman solitaire which I love to display every Christmas.
- Popin’ Cookin’ – I wonder if these weird DIY candy kits will catch on?
- Suami – the tiniest crochet creations I have ever seen.
- Graphic Spaces – why do I not yet have a kawaii tree shelf in my home?
- Maqaroon – that time Joanna Zhou drew us in our Bunny & Panda forms.
- Year of the Dragon – One of the cutest new year plush ever.
- Hello Kitty x Kiss – could this collaboration between Sanrio and rock band Kiss have been the first inspiration for Aggretsuko?
- Molang the Fat Rabbit – I remember scouring random Korean websites trying to find out more about this cute chubby bunny. Glad he’s easier to find now.
- Sanrio Christmas Village – the photos from this Hong Kong shopping mall display are still adorable.
- Kawaii Field Trip: Paperchase – that happy happy day when we finally got a new Paperchase store after being deprived of kawaii stationery for years.
- Easter Bunny Monday – the first of these bunny-themed posts that would become an annual tradition.
- iDomo-kun Smart Stuffed Toy – put your phone inside this Domo plush and it tells the time, news and more.
- Hip Hop Candy Halloween – I miss Hip Hop Candy a lot. Their Halloween designs were always so cute.
- Farewell, Friends! – Co-founder Claire takes her leave with some happy memories and floats off to new things.
- Hyper Japan Christmas Market 2014 – our first recap of the UK’s most kawaii event with Nicolette finding all the usual kawaii stalls and treats.
- Free Christmas Amigurumi Patterns by Dendennis – one of Natasja’s first posts that still brings in lots of traffic every autumn.
- Sumikko Gurashi – the day I fell in love with San-X’s new characters that would be my favourites to this day.
- Hello Kitty’s Supercute Friendship Festival – MissMuffcake visited this kawaii celebration of Hello Kitty.
- Teddy Bear Sewing Kit Review – my first try at making a plush toy and it turned out surprisingly well.
- What You Sow Review – I will never stop being mad that I put these adorable self-watering planters “somewhere safe” until the spring and have never been able to find them, despite searching my entire flat. What did I do with them?!?
- Enamel Pin Picks – the beginning of the enamel pin craze. I could write a post about enamel pins every day now and not run out of cute ones to share.
- Super Cute Creators Interview: Kaila of Rainbowholic – inspiring interview with the runner up of Most Kawaii Person of the Year in the SCK Awards.
- TOMpacasso Alpacasso Plush Review – yes, I would like to review a giant rainbow alpaca plush! The best thing I’ve ever been sent at SCK.
- Pom Pom Purin Cafe – Eating at this character cafe was a major highlight of my last trip to Japan.
- Samezu Kawaii Sharks – one of our favourite discoveries: kawaii sharks that are always trying to eat a happy seal.
- Pusheen Box Review – this worked out so expensive after shipping and customs fees but worth it for all the Pusheen cuteness.
- Hyper Japan Summer 2017 Highlights – my first visit to our favourite event and it was so nice to meet kawaii friends and DJ DOMO.
- Visiting the Hello Kitty Cafe at Tombo London – Nic had a super cute time at this pop-up cafe in London.
- Gudetama in a Halloween Pumpkin DIY Tutorial – Andi’s cutest original DIY made from a cheap foam pumpkin and some clay.
I hope you enjoyed having a look back at these posts. What have been your favourites?
Marceline is the co-founder and editor of Super Cute Kawaii and author of The Super Cute Book of Kawaii. She also designs cute character goods as Asking For Trouble. Having visited Japan five times, Marceline is enormously inspired by all things Japanese and especially loves bunnies, space and any kind of food object with a happy face.