Looking to customize your Nintendo Switch (or Switch Lite)? I’ve got you covered with a whole shopping guide of accessories to make your console as kawaii as possible!
Skins are an easy way to customize your Switch without adding the bulk of a case or cover. The only downside is that they’re single use, but if you don’t change out looks often, it’s an affordable option.
- Kawaii pastel sakura skin for Switch Lite (China)
- Rilakkuma Sleepy Time skin for Switch / Switch Lite (US)
- Animal Crossing skin for Switch Lite (US / UK)
- Animal Crossing skin bundle for Switch (US / UK)
If you’re looking for a little more protection for your Switch, a hardcover shell case is a good way to protect it from potential damage while still keeping it cute.
- Pink and blue gradient shell case for Switch Lite (US)
- Cinnamoroll/Pompompurin backplate cover for Switch (JP)
- Kawaii sea otter shell case for Switch (US / UK) / Switch Lite (US / UK)
- Sumikkogurashi Penpen Icecream cover for Switch dock (JP)
Whether or not you have a hardcover case on your console, it’s definitely worth investing in some kind of exterior case to store it inside when you’re not using it, especially during travel.
- Pokémon vault case for Switch (US / UK)
- Animal Crossing travel case with strap for Switch / Switch Lite (JP)
- Rilakkuma Pajama Party case for Switch / Switch Lite (JP)
- Animal Crossing Tom Nook Island case for Switch / Switch Lite (China)
Sometimes it’s more convenient to have your entire Switch system safely stored away rather than set up, such as during travels, or when you simply don’t have enough space. If that’s a situation you find yourself in often, it may be worth looking into buying a carrying case that can store the entire system rather than just the console.
- Pink Plug Bunny carrying case (China)
- Animal Crossing galaxy-themed storage case (JP)
- Animal Crossing villager house storage case (US)
- Animal Crossing turquoise leaf shoulder bag (US / UK)
While not necessary, simple things like thumb caps and comfort grips can be purchased for your Switch joy-cons to make your playing experience both comfortable and cute!
- Animal Crossing Isabelle comfort grip for Switch (US / UK)
- Pastel blue comfort grip for Switch Lite (US)
- Kawaii shark & dinosaur thumb grip caps (UK)
- Pink sakura thumb grip caps (China)
There are also alternative controllers if you find the joy-cons uncomfortable for gameplay; there are plenty of both wired and wireless controller options. Certain types, like the official Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, can be customized even further with their own skins, faceplates, and cases available!
- Gyro mini controller wireless (JP)
- Animal Crossing wired controller (US / UK)
- Pink and white kitten wireless controller (US)
- Animal Crossing Switch Pro Controller protective case (China)
Game cartridge cases
Game cartridge cases can come in handy when you have a larger collection of games—they can be stored together for easy access, especially during times when you want to travel with your full collection.
- Sumikkogurashi Penpen Icecream card case – 12 slots (JP)
- Pink cat paw card case – 16 slots (US)
- Cardcaptor Sakura card case – 12 slots (US)
- Animal Crossing turquoise leaf card case – 8 slots (US)
Of course, if you’re looking for a simpler way of customizing your current setup, there are always charms! There are lots of makers that create charms attached to dust plugs for your Switch’s headphone jack—flashback to when decoden was a huge thing!—but you can also add a keychain or charm to your current cover or case wherever there’s an existing zipper or loop!
- Nicoleskey Animal Crossing Celeste acrylic dust plug charm (US)
- ToasterKiwi Pikachu/Eevee acrylic keychain (Canada)
- SweetCharmsBakery taiyaki ice cream dust plug charm (US)
- HellfoxOddities gummy bear dust plug charm (US)
Do you enjoy customizing your gaming consoles and electronics? Comment and let us know!
Andi lives in the countryside of Georgia in a house packed with kawaii decor and vintage toys, and enjoys the company of two squishy kitties named Thumper and Marie. When she’s not barricaded in her pink craft room creating something, she can be found reading, playing Animal Crossing games, or baking something to satisfy her massive sweet tooth.