Some of you have been asking for more posts about visiting Japan and guides for how to organise a trip and what to do there. The reason we haven’t shared much of this on SCK is because I have a whole other blog about just that.
I’ve been blogging about my Japan trips and sharing guides and advice since 2008 so there’s tons of information available. Here’s a few links to start you off.
- My Japan Trips – a huge index page with links to all my Japan posts
- Tokyo Shopping Guide – posts on all my favourite shops for kawaii, stationery, crafts and more.
- Tokyo Area Guides – the areas you should visit for the best shopping, eating and sightseeing.
- Plan Your Japan Trip – a series of posts to help you with everything from flights and hotels to travelling solo.
I also have a series of affordable zines and guide books:
- Tokyo Shopping Guide: cute and creative shops, cafes and sights (PDF & ebook)
- Planning For Japan: a guide to plan your perfect trip to Japan (PDF)
- Kawaii Japan: 3 trips in writing, photography & illustration (paperback, PDF & ebook)
- My Japan Favourites: lists, illustrations & photos of old and new favourites (print & PDF)
YouTube Channels About Visiting Japan
If you prefer videos, there are some great YouTube channels. Cakes With Faces has loads of videos, both from her trips to Japan and advice and tips for ‘Japlanning’.
Or watch Princess Peachie‘s super-kawaii new series from her summer trip. I haven’t had much time for watching videos lately but there’s plenty more channels too – let us know if you have any favourites.
My Halloween Trip
I’m off to Japan again next weekend with my sister and SCK events writer Nicolette. Some of our plans include Universal Studios on Halloween, eating all the kawaii food I’ve drawn above, Sanrio Puroland and lots and lots of kawaii shopping. Let us know if there’s anything you’d like us to share photos of.
Marceline is the co-founder and editor of Super Cute Kawaii and the author of The Super Cute Book of Kawaii. She lives by the seaside in Scotland in a flat full of kawaii, creating cute character goods as Asking For Trouble, working on endless craft projects and playing Nintendo.