Want to join the SCK Team?
Things are busy again and I’m looking for a kawaii fan to help me out over the summer with some admin tasks and with promoting our book. Depending on your skills, this could include things like collecting and researching information, updating out of date content, creating images or helping with our social media.
Who we’re looking for
It would suit someone interested in working in a web-based or kawaii-related career, or who is already a blogger, vlogger, maker or shop owner. We can tailor your tasks to suit your skills and ambitions, plus you will have the opportunity to ask me questions, get advice/mentoring on your own plans and work together on tasks that help grow specific skills you wish to learn.
This is an unpaid temporary position but with bonuses for successful completion of tasks. You will also have the opportunity to write occasional blog posts, reviews and/or event recaps, which will be paid per post.
There is also the possibility of joining the paid SCK staff if you prove indispensable. Any payments/bonuses are on a freelance basis and you will be responsible for complying with the self-employment and tax laws of your country.
You would need to be available around June-September but tasks can be completed at your own pace around your own schedule with few deadlines, if any. Some weeks there may be no tasks required and you can also request extra tasks if you have more time.
- You must be over 18
- You can live anywhere in the world but should be fluent in English and able to write clearly and simply.
- You should be reliable with a strong attention to detail and be good at reading instructions carefully, spotting mistakes and searching for information online.
- You should be self-motivated and able to set your own schedule, and be active in making the most of the opportunities available.
- You should be able to accept feedback and criticism of your work and be willing to learn from mistakes, make changes to meet the SCK house style and/or have your work edited.
- No other specific skills are required but any of the following would be a bonus: blogging, image editing, video creation, SEO, spreadsheets, WordPress, Google Analytics, Pinterest, Facebook.
These are some of the things I can mentor you on (will be tailored to your plans): blogging/WordPress, web design, Etsy/Shopify, selling on-demand (Redbubble, Society6 etc.), monetising a blog, SEO, product design/manufacturing, social media promotion, Mailchimp / email newsletters, self-employment/freelancing, photography, getting a book deal.
Mentoring can consist of answering specific questions, providing general advice and/or helping you with a specific task – e.g. improving your blog or Etsy shop.
Applications are now closed – thanks for your interest
I’ve reactivated the form from last time we did this. If you’d like to be considered again this time, you can check and edit your previous application using the same link. Please contact me to tell me you wish to be included again.
There’s a lot to get started on so the initial closing date is Sunday 2nd June. However, I may extend it for longer if we don’t receive enough suitable applications. Unsuccessful applications may not receive a response.
Got a question?
Leave a comment below or contact us.
Marceline is the co-founder and editor of Super Cute Kawaii and the author of The Super Cute Book of Kawaii. She lives by the seaside in Scotland in a flat full of kawaii, creating cute character goods as Asking For Trouble, working on endless craft projects and playing Nintendo.