This is a guest post by Frainy, who’s on the shortlist to become one of SCK’s new writers. Have a read and tell us what you think!
This style of clay cupcake is inspired by my friend xoxRufus on YouTube!
Breakdown of supplies:
- Polymer clay can be bought from many craft shops and online, I used Sculpey Premo in Ecru for the cake, Sculpey 3 in Ballerina and Chocolate for the icing and the face.
- The mould is from Miniature Sweet on Etsy
- Liquid Clay, or Translucent Liquid Sculpey can also be bought from craft shops or online. Ebay is one of the best places for craft supplies!
- The sprinkles are micromarbles which were bought online but you can also make your own sprinkles by rolling out polymer clay, cutting it up and baking it.
- Pretty much all the tools I use have been bought from craft shops, Ebay, or other places online.
Bake it to the package’s instructions and you’re finished! You can glaze it with a craft glaze if you like, or just leave it matte.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, it’s my first picture tutorial, as I’m used to making video tutorials on my Youtube Channel, Frainy xo.
If you decide to try this out, comment below or tag @sckawaii on social media – we’d love to see your creations! You can also check out all of SCK’s original tutorials for more crafty ideas.
This tutorial was created by Frainy for Super Cute Kawaii and the images and instructions may not be reposted without credit and permission. Thank you for respecting the rights of artists and makers.